Thursday, January 31, 2013

On the Mend



We are all feeling better. Oh my, I really let my sinus infection and cough get out of control. I kept trying to push through but that didn't work this time...I was actually forced to have some doctor intervention. Mike finally put his foot down and told me I had no choice but to go. So, if I wanted to survive another day, I needed help. I had a bacterial infection, bronchitis, sinus infection, and swelling airways (similar to an asthma attack but I don't have asthma and feel horrible for anyone who has to deal with that on a daily basis – scary). Finally, we are all back to normal. I am still staying cautious this week with my training. No need to go full throttle. I don't need any relapses of that mess. I'll my mileage and intensity somewhat tame and go a little harder and further each week after that.


For now, I have no races until March 23. I am very excited about this as I feel I need to buckle down and train consistently with no hiccups. I do try to train through many of my ½ marathons though they still tend to bang me up a bit so it ends up slowing down the training for 4 days or so. I will try to get a race calendar up by next week. I only know my schedule through June. I am working on the rest attempting to figure the best time to run a fall marathon. You can qualify for the trials any time starting August 1, 2013...exciting, exciting!



0 comments: