Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Racing Update




Mike raced the Oil Creek 100k on Saturday in western Pennsylvania. Anders and I opted out of that 6 hour drive. We definitely drag Anders on some long car rides but with only one day turn around, my sanity was at stake. I managed to convince my sister to fly in from Chicago for a quick weekend visit. We meandered around the city Saturday. It is always fun when someone popos in for a visit because it forces me to go discover parts of the city I would otherwise ignore. I raced Grete's Great Gallop ½ marathon on Sunday. It was a 2 looper around Central Park. That makes for a tough and slow half but I love my park so always enjoy a good hard jog with fellow racers. I took 6th place with a 1:21:04. That was about a 2min40sec PR from my 2 loop half 6 months ago so my times are dropping and I'm feeling stronger. Unfortunately for me, Mike placed 5th at Oil Creek so he made sure to remind me he was household champion for the weekend. That hurts. Only 12 days until Cape Cod. Really looking forward to racing a marathon. Time to run!

0 comments: