Friday, May 18, 2012

Juggling


Training and being a mom definitely felt like a juggling act this week. I put in some bigger training volumes and intensities last week and even though I survived, my recovery hasn’t been optimal. I recover so slowly these days and I am guessing it’s because I am still heavily breastfeeding and waking up with Anders 3-4x a night, my body just can’t do everything as efficiently. I am not complaining as I feel pretty darn good but my poor legs are begging for mercy and it is hard for me to know if I should pull back the reins or keep pushing through. I even took a complete day off on Wednesday and I mean complete as in no walking or swimming though it left me heavier and sorer then before. Oh dear, well I have the Brooklyn ½ marathon tomorrow. My goal is to run a 1:21. I am hoping my body will surprise me.


I have to say that I am amazed by all the rockstar moms who are racing and training. It takes a lot of energy and passion. So, for all the Movin’ Mamas out there…I am inspired! There are so many women juggling so many things in life while still being amazing moms and that’s who help to keep me focused. I am in love with sport, the outdoors, and pushing limits. These things are who I am and I would love for Anders to discover this same passion and determination---squeezing all the goodness out of life. I think I sometimes put my goals far ahead of where they are reachable at this moment. I don’t think it is a bad thing as long as I have perspective, as long as I know that if I try and am getting closer then I have achieved something great. I don’t want to sacrifice being an 'always there for you' mom, wife, and friend so I have to do the best I can with the time and energy I have.




0 comments: