Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Return to City Life


Returning home to the city after being in lake mode for 2 ½ weeks definitely reawakes the ‘move it or lose it’ senses. There are parts of me that love going for my morning run in Central Park knowing I will always have people to chase. I enjoy not ever being alone when my legs are throbbing and even love the early morning bike workouts swinging around the park with hundreds of other cyclists but there are times when all I want is to be running alone without a soul in sight or biking without cars whizzing by every 3 seconds. I wish there was a way to intermix the worlds where you could just choose whether you want a people day or nature day. Most of the time, I do get weekend nature days though that always includes traveling out of the city and driving minimum of 3 hours. Santa Monica balanced both worlds pretty well and occasionally I daydream that we are still living near the ocean and taking rides up Latigo Canyon or trekking up the canyon trails.

Now, don’t get me wrong…I love where I live. I love the people in this city. I thrive on the energy of New York but NYC and me have a love-hate relationship. I am not the type of person who thrives on insanely high stress levels or can walk along without noticing the world around me. I move fast when a workout calls for me to move fast otherwise I am in cruise control much to the annoyance of my point A to point B husband. I thought it was something I could eventually adjust to but I don’t think so. It is ok…I think the city needs a few more mellow individuals. So, I had to say good-bye to cabin life (only for 2 weeks!) and head back home to Mike and hopefully a less stressed Mike - cfa test will be taken and with a bit of luck, passed (pass or fail not to be found out until end of August).




Cabin Life Photo Album









0 comments: