Sunday, May 22, 2011

Traveling North

With Mike’s CFA study habits and baby time coming at the end of summer, I decided it best for me to head out for 2 weeks to one of my most favorite places in the world…our little family cabin in the Northwoods of Wisconsin. Maybe not quite a destination for some but for me, it has always been home. Every summer it was pack up and head north for family bonding and fresh crisp air. It was my sanctuary when life wasn’t all that fun. It holds only the best of memories and always promises to create so many more. It is definitely a home away from home though sometimes it resembles simply home more than anything else (if that makes sense). Of course, the cabin is so far north that I wouldn’t even consider a visit until May comes around and once November starts to come to a close, you better get out of town! The cabin is nestled right up on the lake and winter months are not only unbearably cold but send constant harsh, bone chilling winds that, I swear, would make a polar bear shutter. Hmmm, how do the Canadians do it? No thank you.


For now, it is just my mom, youngest brother, and me enjoying the simple life though yesterday we all were having a good laugh about the end of the world and the inevitable rapture. Well, let me just say, the rapture did happen…to us at least. We pulled into the cabin at 6:00pm on the dot and the rain was pouring down with a full-size van packed to the brim and I mean, packed to the brim. We didn’t have a choice of whether we could unload tomorrow or not, it was now and now meant unloading in the rain. If you have ever unloaded a full-size van packed to the roof in pouring rain then yes, you to have experienced the rapture!

0 comments: