Thursday, October 7, 2010

A Heartbreaking Loss

It has been a tough week. A devastating week. Life can be so cruel.

We lost a close friend…family to my husband. He was 37 years old. A mountain biking accident. He left behind his beautiful wife and three wonderful kids. The only thing I know for sure is that Paulo will always live on through those kids. His spirit will be alive. I just wished they could have known their dad a bit longer because he was so unbelievably extraordinary in such a quiet way. He had the biggest heart and always lived life to the fullest.

It truly just takes your breath from you. I hope more than anything that Marni can find some of the strength and happiness and hope that she has lost. I wish I can take some of the pain from her. I wish I could turn back the clock but all that I really can do is continue living my life the best way I know how and to continue to love and create memories with those that I cherish most. Life is never a guarantee but what makes life worth living is the happiness and joy we feel when celebrating each day with the people we love.

Please hug everyone dearest to you. Tell them you love them…kiss them, hug them, hold them. Please let go of anger and open your arms to the beautiful world around you.

Paolo – you will never be forgotten. We will always make sure Marni and the kids are ok. You will be forever missed and maybe, just maybe, you can send some of your strength on the bike my way.

0 comments: