Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Try

“Defeat is not the worst of failures. Not to have tried is the true failure.” George Edward Woodberry

Mike sent me this quote this morning and it quickly reminded me to reevaluate my position in triathlon. I can’t back down from races because I feel inferior but instead I need to go in with my chin held high and give it whatever I have that day. Actually, I shouldn’t just give it all I have but always believe that I have more fight. I like to say ‘crush skulls’ it just sounds so raw and intense. I love it because it is so funny rolling off my lips. Oh yes and mentally I always need to stay in the race and fighting from swim start through the finish tape. It hasn’t been the easiest working in this sport but the feeling will be much much worse to know that I let my dream defeat me.

TRY. and TRY with everything you have.

0 comments: