Friday, May 7, 2010

Minimalist

I am writing this before my first little run since St. George. Some people gasp at the fact that I haven’t ran for 5 days. It seems horrifying that even though I’m sure I could have wobbled through some short runs, I made the executive decision to boycott any running until I knew I could run without muscle pain or having to trot along at 12 minute miles. I have kept my legs going with some swims and easy bikes but I will be the first to say that I am BEAT UP! My body is hurting and I honestly cannot avoid the mid-day naps even after not doing much more then daily chores, sending e-mails and eating bananas. With Florida 70.3 looming in the near future, I know that in order for me to have a stab at a solid performance I must pamper my little broken body with much love and much more recovery. Sometimes, I fall victim to the athlete curse that seems to always whisper in your ear more is more. Putting a halt to the typical training schedule is definitely quite odd but the worst is the mental game. I want to go try and nail some hard sessions just to convince myself I have speed but these workouts would put me in the ground for the next 6 months (no joke). So I shall just sit back and do what I can do…running minimally and then attempting to give it hell come 9 days. Please Disney World send me some magic (healing) fairy dust – WADA approved of course ;-).

0 comments: