Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Code Red!


No, the picture above is not from a National Geographic photo expedition. The picture was taken from my shower. Horrifying. A CODE RED situation. It happened like this:

After a 5 plus hour day of double biking, I decided that a deep cleansing shower was in order due to the fact that I may have mistakenly forgotten to shower after workout #1 instead taking a 2-hour power nap and hit workout #2 crusty, salty, sweating and absolutely disgusting. I fear this may not be the only time this happens at camp and I do want to apologize to my teammates for this little unfortunate mishap.

So, off into the shower I go. There I am singing and dancing with bubbles floating all around me and then, I peer through my sudsy eyes to see a hairy creature twice the size of me **slight exaggeration** sitting in the corner waiting to pounce. I squeal and squirm and panic. How am I going to finish my shower with this blood sucking, life-threatening thing staring at me with his beady, ginormous eyes?! At first, I think…forget the shower and run for the hills but then I remember I didn’t even take shower #1 today so I best scrub for the sake of hygiene and, I kid you not, I actually stepped outside my shower into my bedroom closing the door and soaped myself up in my room. Then, when water was necessary, I went back to the shower making sure to keep the door open for a quick escape in the case the spider attempted any fancy movements. I had visions of this spider taking me hostage, wrapping me in his silky web and feasting on my amazingly meaty body for the next year. Oh scary!

Once I was squeaky clean and properly dressed, I screamed for coach at the top of my lungs…Coach! Coach! Help me. Help me. My life is in severe jeopardy! Of course, coach didn’t respond and I had to go to plan B, which was run through the halls of the hotel until I ran into a man or lady willing to risk their pretty little life for a girl like me. Luckily, there was a man nearby who took that spider and man wrestled him until its heart stopped beating…though, unfortunately for me, 2 legs were left on the floor after the wrestling match and they quivered and shook. I closed my eyes and picked the legs up (with a paper towel) and through the squirmy massive legs into the trash bin.

Hopefully this mama massive spider didn’t lay baby eggs all over my room…I’m going to have nightmares!

1 comments:

NJ said...

Oh yuck! I'm getting the creepy crawlies just looking at that picture...I had to scroll down past it quickly to read. When we lived in Mexico when I was young, we had large wood spiders, tarantulas and black widows. Bet you're double checking the shower and all the corners here on out.