Monday, January 4, 2010

How I Began my New Year

I apologize beforehand for this story. It may cause cringing or a deep sorrow for my inability to avoid chaotic situations that typically only come about due to my own awkwardness.

It all began with some coconut water…
and I drank quite a bit due to being more thirsty than normal pre-ride
Not a good idea because bladders are only so big…

My family will giggle at the beginning of this story because they know better than anyone that I have many of hundreds of pee stories. I don’t know why it happens to be this way but it is and I accept my downfalls in life. So, as it was, Mike and I hopped onto our bikes and headed out to the PCH. 10 minutes into riding and I already needed a potty break. 20 minutes – things were getting bad and at 30 minutes I knew I had to time trial it to the gas station bathroom which sits at just about 40 minutes into the ride. I screeched my bike into the station, unclipped my shoes, and ran me and my bike into the potty. I was in a hurry so quickly rested my bike against the wall and found some much needed relief UNTIL…

My bike started falling. I panicked. The last thing you want is your beautiful bike to hit concrete floor so I sprung off the toilet in an attempt to save her. The good news was I managed to rescue my bike just centimeters from its untimely death though without a price. When you have to go, you have to go and when you have to go bad well there’s little to do to stop it. Yep, I slightly wetted myself in order to rescue my bike but if that weren’t bad enough my aero bottle was full of water which spilled all over the floor. Wet concrete floor meets my bike cleats and you guessed it, I slip right onto my butt and worst part (here comes the cringing) I slip right onto my bare, white caboose with shorts down at my ankles and tri-bike lying sprawled across me. It is a picture I wish none of you make a mental note of. At that point, I was laughing and crying and disgusted and ashamed and wet and piddled upon.

Oh 2010, how I love you so!

Happy New Year. I hope yours starts off dryer than mine.

2 comments:

Cory said...

Wow, I hope you went hope and srcubbed with a SOS pad which is what I'm going to do after just reading this.

Trevor Oseen said...

Now that is funny stuff...