Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Tri Tuesdays

Tri Tuesdays are the newest addition to my training calendar. Basically it entails a 5:30am swim start (to early for this girl) then onto the bike for pretty much 3 hours of hills…steep hills plus a few time trials and group inflicted torture. Of course, it’s the good kind of torture as I am biking with a great group of guys and gal, Katie. Of course these boys and girls make me feel weak and insignificant as my heart rate is probably in the (maybe a slight exaggeration) 300s and they are talking about sweet little birds and the pretty skies…I’m dying. Then after the bike, I throw on those running shoes for a hilly brick run that can last from 30 min. – 1h30min. depending on how I feel and what needs to be done. There is no lingering about between workouts (quick transitions) and I stick to my race day nutrition as this makes sure to avoid any race day surprises with food.

If you can some how manage to throw a race day training day into your calendar, I highly recommend this workout. It may be mentally tough to have to jump into the cold pool before a long hard bike but what do you do when you are racing? Come race day you will be mentally tougher and physically more capable then the rest. It pays off big time!

0 comments: