Wednesday, November 4, 2009

The Old bait n' switch

I heard a rumor going around town that something called cauliflower could just possibly have the taste equivalent of mashed potatoes. I was all ears because I love me some mashed potatoes but they are a naughty treat. Of course, the cauliflower needs some handy work aka steaming and blending. I decided it was time to put an end to rumors and stamp some truth to this story. So, off I went to the store. I purchased frozen cauliflower (4 bags worth mind you) not fresh as I knew I was steaming them to sogginess anyways and mine as well save a few dollars.

It was quite a simple process…steam the cauliflower for about 15-20 min. so that it falls apart at the touch of a fork then take the cauliflower and blend to smooth consistency, add a touch of sea salt, maybe some dill and I kid you not…mashed potatoes that aren’t mashed potatoes. Brilliant! I ate all 4 bags—feeling a slight cauli overdose but it was worth every spoon full.

0 comments: