Sunday, August 16, 2009

The Count Down Begins

2 weeks until Louisville! I finally feel as though I can breathe. The training for Louisville honestly started 2 weeks out from Hawaii. That equates to about 42 weeks of uninterrupted training. I had a fire lit under my butt. I remember, during my disastrous Hawaii bike, thinking I need to step up my game big time for next year. In one sense, it was a good thing that the bike portion went horribly wrong because it made me realize that I needed to train triple as hard and focus at every workout. Instead of just training to train and ticking off the hours, I now trained everyday on a mission. The wind will never man handle me again (it will but I am much better prepared). Hills--I laugh at them (of course, I realize hills never become less painful…you just can conquer them in much less time). I feel like I have a whole new set of legs going into Louisville. For the first time in my mini tri career, I am feeling 100% ready to race and excited to go for it. No holding back. I am there to compete. I am there to feel pain. Bring it on Ladies!

0 comments: