Friday, July 24, 2009

My Discovery

I did make an incredible discovery last weekend at Vineman. As much as I hate to say it, I actually found that a short morning jog really helps to calm the race morning body. I have heard rumors of others running before a race and I thought, “No way I am running. I have to race and all energy must be saved!”. Well, Sunday morning came and the race jitters were at an all time high. My mind was going a million times a minute and the stomach was all over the place with nerves. I am not sure why I was so nervous but I was having a mini panic attack. I looked at my watch and saw it was only 4:00am and beautifully calm outside so off I went. I ran SLOW and kept it short (15 minutes). I miraculously felt better. The simplicity of running, the aerobic system getting turned on, and the splendor of a sleeping world all make for a great way to begin a race day. From now on, this girl will always schedule in a little jog before a race.

0 comments: