Sunday, May 10, 2009

Are you kidding me!?

At 4:00am, a presumably drunk man awakened me from my beauty rest. I will not lie to you…I wanted to strangle him (gently, of course). Simply being woken up is one thing but absolutely shattering any chance of getting just one more hour of sleep is absolutely absurd.

No, I did not know this drunken man. That is the splendor of living smack dab in the middle of New York City. He was outside the window and down a block or two chanting, “Let’s go Rangers. Let’s go. Let’s go Rangers. Let’s go. Let’s go Rangers. Let’s go. Let’s go Rangers. Let’s go.” Chanting at the top of his ridiculous lungs. Let me say, it is one thing to chant something that makes sense but let’s go Rangers? The Rangers were out of the playoffs five years ago. There are no Rangers right now and definitely no hockey at 4:00am. The worst part of the whole chanting shenanigans is that the man annoyingly screamed this for 30 minutes. You think I am lying yet lying I am not! He must have been shooting for a world record. He even gained some comrades in his efforts. I mean, non-stop.

No fan. No window shutting. No pillow over the head could end this nonsense.UGH! So, what did I do for the rest of this day? Only one thing of course and that is chant, “Let’s go Rangers. Let’s go. Let’s go Rangers. Let’s go. Let’s go Rangers. Let’s go. Let’s go Rangers. Let’s go.” Please. Help the madness stop.

0 comments: